Saturday, August 8, 2009

Week 5, #12

I played around with Rollyo and created a mini-Searchroll with some bird websites I use with a first grade teacher all year long. She does an extensive project about local birds and the kids do research in the library for each bird (not the dreaded Loertcher bird report!). I often use the same sites over and over, so I created a Rollyo for those couple of trusted websites I use. When I searched on Rollyo, I was a little disappointed because I got a lot of other websites as well. I noticed that it lists the sites I entered and also says "entire web". I will try to figure out how to take that off because I don't want all the commercial sites and ads to come up. I had created a specialized Google "search engine" a few years back and this is very similar. I think it was pretty easy to use, but I just need to fine tune it.

1 comment:

LA McCready said...

Glad to see you are still plugging away at this. Each of these tools adds a little more to your toolbox that may help.