Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Week 5 #11

2.0 Award Winners
I had fun looking around these winners. I first chose "food" and saw that I could watch a video of Paul McCartney making mashed potatoes! I saw another winner that said "Community Walk" and thought this could be helpful when we are studying local history. But, that was not the purpose at all. It was a place where people could share hotel ideas, for example. I have used Pandora quite a bit and like it a lot. The internal functioning of the site must be amazing in order for music of a similar type to be found. We are always teaching the kids how to be effective searchers, using appropriate keywords and I just wonder what the program for Pandora must look like! I need to play around with some more sites to think of good applications. Of course the Google map sites are invaluable, but it will be fun to discover some of the other useful places to take the kids.

No comments: